Jan 3rd, 2023
George Siemon is an organic pioneer and the co-founder and former CEO of CROPP/Organic Valley. In September 2022, George was one of the recipients of the 2022 Honorary Recognition Award from the University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. The Honorary Recognition Award recognizes individuals who have made significant contributions to their professions, their communities and the university. Tune in to learn more about:
- George’s path into organic farming;
- His involvement in pioneering organic standards for livestock;
- How organics has proven that it can feed the world;
- How a stable price helped organic family farms;
- About alternative ownership models, like co-ops and trust ownerships;
- The art of governance and why it is important that we learn how to work and get along together.