Dec 27th, 2022
Dr. Marianne LeGreco is an Associate Professor and Graduate Program Director in the Department of Communications Studies at the University of North Carolina, Greensboro. She is also the co-author of “Everybody Eats: Communication and the Paths to Food Justice” which was published in 2021. Tune in to learn more about:
- Marianne’s inspiration for studying communications;
- The four legged stool of the food system;
- Food access and poverty;
- Her book “Everybody Eats: Communication and the Paths to Food Justice” and the question “who gets to bring the table?”;
- The nurturing of new leaders in food;
- The little food pantries and mobile food markets in neighborhoods;
- The Food Research and Active Center;
- Her thoughts on the 2023 Farm Bill.
To learn more about Dr. LeGreco, listen to her TEDxGreensboro talks Building Vibrant Food Systems and Vibrant Food Systems Redux.