Rick Nahmias is the founder and CEO of Food Forward, and an award winning photographer and writer who is focused on the faces and stories of marginalized communities. He is an internationally recognized speaker on food justice and social innovation issues and his work has been profiled in dozens of media outlets. Tune in to learn more about:
- The story on how Food Forward was born;
- How Food Forward recovers fruits and vegetables that would have been wasted from backyard fruit trees, public orchards, farmers markets, and the downtown Los Angeles Wholesale Produce Market and distributes them to marginalized communities;
- How 250,000 pounds of fresh produce a day is being collected and distributed;
- About “The Migrant Project”;
- Why eating healthy is a way out of poverty for marginalized and underserved communities.
To learn more about Rick Nahmias and Food Forward go to www.foodforward.org.