Melody Meyer is an organic pioneer, with over 40 years of extensive knowledge in international trade, the marketing of organic food and organic industry policy. She is on the Board of Trustees for The Organic Trade Center and leads Source Organic, a company dedicated to Education, Advocacy, and Thought Leadership (EAT) for the organic industry and manages the Organic Matters Blog. Tune in to learn more about:
– Her grandparents’ organic and diverse farm in Iowa;
– Her connection to growing and cooking their own food;
– Her journey into an organic food career;
– Her thoughts on hydroponic and aquaponic farming;
– Stories and lessons learned from her international work in the food system;
– Climate change, migration and the food system;
– The inequality of water;
– How the current pandemic has changed our perspectives on food and our food system.
To learn more about Melody, visit her blog at: https://organicmattersblog.com/about.