Frances Moore Lappé is the author or co-author of twenty books about world hunger, living democracy, and the environment, beginning with the three-million-copy Diet for a Small Planet in 1971. She is the co-founder of three organizations including the Oakland-based think tank Food First and the Small Planet Institute, which she leads with her daughter, Anna Lappé, and the Small Planet Fund, which channels resources to democratic social movements worldwide. Tune in to learn more about:
– What she learned during the pandemic;
– About Diet for Small Planet 50 years later;
– Her experience with the farmers in the Midwest from the 1980s to today;
– The concentrated power of corporations in the food industry;
– Why she is a “possibilist” and she believes that voices and actions count and can make a difference;
– What democracy really means and about Democracy Movement;
– The culture of valuing and taking responsibility of our natural resources.
To learn more about Frances go to https://www.smallplanet.org.