Feb 7th, 2022
Dr. David Haas is the Robert A. Munsick Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Vice Chair for Research in the OBGYN Department at Indiana University School of Medicine. Dr. Haas, a former US Navy Medical Corps Commander, is also an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors for the Heartland Health Research Alliance, the sponsor of our radio and podcast show. Tune in to learn more about:
- His professional medical career;
- Diabesity – the combination of having both diabetes and obesity;
- Why a person’s health begins in the womb;
- Preconception care is the key and could help to optimize health before pregnancy, during pregnancy and after
- The Hoosier Moms Cohort (HMC) Study, which focuses on the prevention and progression of diabetes, especially in women with gestational diabetes;
- The Heartland Study, which studies the potential impacts of herbicides on mother and infant health, including whether or not there is a connection between herbicide exposure and birth defects or developmental challenges;
- Why premature babies are prone to more health challenges during their life.
To learn more about Dr. Haas’ work, go to https://precisionhealth.iu.edu/areas-of-focus/disease-research-teams/type-2-diabetes.html and https://hh-ra.org/projects/the-heartland-study/.