Together with his wife Sandra Belin, Larry Jacobs founded Jacobs Farm, a successful northern California organic farming operation specializing in fresh culinary herbs in 1980. In 1986, they launched Del Cabo, a collective with a unique vision for social change and sustainability. Sandra and Larry were awarded the prestigious Organic Trade Association’s (OTA) 2007 Organic Farming Leadership Award for “innovation in organic farming practices, their extensive work to educate farmers on organic conversion, and for being pioneers in their fields”. Tune in to learn more about:
- The story on how Larry and Sandra started their organic farm;
- The epiphany that sparked Del Cabo;
- The increase in pests in Baja California, the challenges they pose to organic farmers, and the solutions that are being sought to mitigate them;
- About the ClimateLab, which preserves farmers’ livelihoods and the future of organic produce in the face of global climate change;
- His hope for young people coming back to the land and changing the food system.
To learn more about Larry and Jacobs Farm go to https://www.jacobsfarmdelcabo.com.