Sarah Nelson is the Executive Director for the organization 18 Reasons, a non-profit cooking school in the San Francisco area, with the mission to empower the community with the confidence and creativity to buy, cook and eat good food every day. Tune in to learn more about:
- Why and when we stopped cooking and the negatives effects it had/has on our health;
- About 18 Reasons and why flavor and deliciousness needs to be incorporated into nutrition;
- How home cooking can be sustainable while it incorporates budget and shopping planning;
- About Bi-Rite Family of Businesses’ desire to create a space where community members could deepen their relationships with food and with each other;
- How sharing food, recipes and the experience of cooking can benefit a community on an emotional, psychological and social level.
To learn more about Sarah’s work go to https://18reasons.org.