Dr. Ricardo Salvador is a senior scientist and director of the Food and Environment Program at the Union of Concerned Scientists. He has over four decades of experience working with citizens, scientists, economists, and politicians to transition our current food system into one that grows healthy foods while employing sustainable and socially equitable practices. Tune in to learn more about:
- About the Union of Concerned Scientists and their mission to fight back when powerful corporations mislead the public on science;
- How the pandemic demonstrated that most of the food industry values profits over the health and well-being of their workers;
- The political and economical power of the food industry;
- How the current food system exploits people and the environment;
- The issues with corporate research, their studies and their powerful message to the public;
- The power of policies in food and farm.
To learn more about Dr. Salvador and The Union of Concerned Scientists, go to https://www.ucsusa.org.