Dr. Rupa Marya is an Associate Professor of Medicine at UC-San Francisco, an activist, author and musician. She was recently awarded the Chancellor’s Award for Public Service. Dr. Marya also co-founded the Do No Harm Coalition, an organization of healthcare workers committed to overturning structural obstacles to health. She is also the co-author with Raj Patel of “Inflamed: Deep Medicine and the Anatomy of Injustice”. Tune in to learn more about:
– How social structures create diseases;
– The teachings and writings of Rudolf Virchow and his recommendations about ways to improve people’s health by improving their economic and social conditions;
– The heartbreaking story of Shelia McCarley and how she was killed by her body’s own response to her environment, poisoned by ongoing exposure to chemicals;
– About the Do No Harm Coalition and their work;
– The microbiome, the pandemic and why we are a composite of organisms;
– Epigenetics and why what we eat today will have a great impact on the health of the next generations.
To learn more about Dr. Rupa Marya go to: https://rupamarya.org/.