Christopher Bradshaw is the Founder and Executive Director of Dreaming Out Loud Inc., a food justice social enterprise that seeks to create economic opportunities for the D.C. metro region’s marginalized communities through building a healthy, equitable food system. Bradshaw was named an Ashoka-American Express Emerging Innovator in 2015, one of Food Trust’s 20 Leaders Under 40, and is the longest-serving member of the D.C. Food Policy Council where he co-chairs the Urban Agriculture Working Group. Under his leadership, Dreaming Out Loud has grown to a $600,000 social enterprise with six full-time staff members and four seasonal farm and food hub assistants. Tune in to learn more about:
– Dreaming Out Loud Inc., their mission and projects;
– How the idea of founding this organization came to life;
– The unequal access for Black communities to food that is shaped by policies in the D.C. area;
– About drive through and mobile farmers markets;
– The involvement of students in the farming process;
– About the DREAM Program, a 16-week incubator program for low-resourced food entrepreneurs residing in Washington, D.C.;
– Their work on advocacy and public policies;
– The spike in Community Supported Agriculture shares during the pandemic.
To learn more about Chris Bradshaw and Dreaming Out Loud Inc., go to https://dreamingoutloud.org.