Robert Gottlieb is Professor Emeritus of Urban and Environmental Policy and the Founder and former Director of the Urban & Environmental Policy Institute at Occidental College. Professor Gottlieb research is focused on environmental and food justice, care politics, power and inequality, global cities and the infrastructure of everyday life. He is also the author of numerous publications, including 14 books. His newest book “Care-Centered Politics” was published this year by MIT Press. Tune in to learn more about:
- His move from New York City to Los Angeles in 1969;
- The link between community action and academic research;
- About the Urban and Environmental Policy Institute at Occidental College;
- The community building process and the pioneering of the farm to school initiative;
- His newest book “Care-Center Politics: From the Home to the Planet”and how care oriented politics and economy can shape and reorient issues in health, environment, food justice, climate and inequality.
To learn more about Professor Gottlieb go to https://www.oxy.edu/academics/faculty/robert-gottlieb.