Dr. Leonardo Trasande, Jim G. Hendrick MD Professor, is the Director of the Division of Environmental Pediatrics and Vice Chair for Research in the Department of Pediatrics at the New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. Dr. Trasande is also the author of the 2019 published book “Sicker, Fatter, Poorer: The Urgent Threat of Hormone-Disrupting Chemicals to Our Health and Future . . . and What We Can Do About It.” Tune in to learn more about:
- Endocrine disruptors, the chemicals that interfere with the body’s hormones
- The five categories of chemicals we all need to be aware of and avoid: Bisphenol, Phthalates, Pesticides, Flame retardants, Perfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)
- Obesogens (a category of endocrine disruptors) and why prevention is important
- The problem with fertility and low sperm count
- How to avoid and reduce your exposure to flame retardants
Dr. Trasande is recommending that it is never too late to completely avoid and limit your exposure to any toxic chemical, and there are always short, medium and long term benefits for your health. There are simple steps that anyone can take, by simply choosing food, packaging, furniture, cosmetics that are free of these chemicals.
To learn more about Dr. Trasande’s work, go to: https://www.leotrasande.com/about.