Brianna Fiene is a Farm to Institution Outreach Specialist at the Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Her work focuses on developing partnerships with institutions, researchers, business and industry stakeholders to create resilient value-chains critical for sustainable food-systems and regional farm to school events that connect Midwest producers to institutional markets. Tune in to learn more about:
- The Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems and their projects;
- Resilient food systems and the local food systems during the pandemic;
- Her own story of growing up on a small farm;
- Food insecurity in Wisconsin;
- How to keep people on their land and save small family farms;
- Climate change and the connection to the soil and farms;
- About the grain shortage and the Neighbor Loaves.
To learn more about Brianna’s work go to https://cias.wisc.edu.