Ken Lee together with his wife Caryl Levine founded Lotus Foods in 1995, a company that focuses on importing handcrafted rice from small family farms. Ken and his team are committed to organic and regenerative practices that are generating more rice from less land, preserving valuable genetic biodiversity, saving hundreds of millions of gallons of water annually, promoting long-term soil health, and removing greenhouse gasses from the atmosphere. Tune in to learn more about:
– Ken and Caryl’s story on starting their rice business while travelling through China;
– Small rice farms and the toll it takes on women’s health;
– The story of Henri de Laulanié, a Jesuit priest and agronomist who developed the SRI in Madagascar in the 70s;
– The golden rice, the genetically modified rice, that cannot solve any poverty, distribution or food waste problem;
– Why what we do to the earth, we do to people, and what we do to the people, we do to the earth.
To learn more about Ken’s work and Lotus Foods go to https://www.lotusfoods.com.