May 31st, 2022
Andy Fisher is the Executive Director of the Ecological Farming Association and has been a leading force for social justice in the anti-hunger and food movements in the U.S. since the mid 1990s. He co-founded and led the Community Food Security Coalition for over 17 years and published his first book “ Big Hunger, The Unholy Alliance between Corporate America and Anti-Hunger Groups” in 2017. Tune in to learn more about:
- His upbringing in Ohio;
- How hunger/food insecurity is defined;
- Food banks are wealthier now compared to before of the pandemic;
- His book “ Big Hunger, The Unholy Alliance between Corporate America and Anti-Hunger Groups”;
- How Smithfield donates thousands of pounds of meat to food banks while polluting the environment with their CAFOs;
- The influence of executives in the food industry that are also sitting on the board of the food banks;
- Why food banks are not allowed in Scotland and their new model to move away from them.
To learn more about Andy go to https://www.bighunger.org/.